template

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Challenge # 34 'Man's Best Friend'

Wow, I can't believe it is September already, aren't the months just racing by? It was so nice to see so many of you who joined the challenge last week were attempting Steampunk for the first time. We, the Design Team were very impressed you accepted the challenge and were delighted with the entries. An even bigger than usual thank you to you all. Jan who chose the challenge has also chosen the Top 3. Our congratulations to you, please take a copy of the Winner's badge and add it to your blog.
Top 3 Winners

#7 Mryna Sweet 
An absolute stunning first attempt at Steampunk

#5 Sherryn
...love the silver aspect and those fab cogs.
#4 Small Wonders (Sue b)
A fabulous digitally inspired first attempt at Steampunk

DT CALL 
We are looking to expand our DT, a few of the current members will be stepping down at the end of the summer, for three more weeks you have the opportunity to apply to be part of the DT. 
 The closing date will be 23rd September- new DT to commence 30th September. 
Initial term to be six months, producing a project for each of the weekly challenges.
To enter your project into two other appropriate challenges, abiding by their rules.
To comment on participants entries according to the rota. 
To share in choosing themes and choosing the Top 3. 
To have fun and enjoy being part of a friendly team whose aim is to either reduce or eradicate
 the difficulty card makers feel about making MALE orientated cards. 
If your interested add DT after your name, please be sure to have your 
email address on your blog so I may contact you. Thank you.

What do we have in store for you for the next week? Diane has chosen 
'Man's Best Friend'.
We would like to see any project which has a main image of a dog. Sorry backing paper alone will not be judged. You can use any source, stamping, digis, CD's, printed kits.
 The main criteria being  it MUST be suitable for a MALE person. 
Here is what the Design Team have made to inspire you.







We would also like to introduce our two Guest Designers for September together with their great cards for this month's challenge.


Hello, I'm Andrea Whisman or you may recognize me as Andrea W when I enter card challenges. My blog is Savvy Handmade Cards and I started it in March of 2012. I’m super excited to be a guest designer at Cardz 4 Guyz. 
By day I’m a REALTOR living in Bixby, Oklahoma. I've been married to my wonderful hubby for almost seventeen years. We met in college and have been inseparable ever since. For as long as I can remember I've always loved creating. I took several art and sewing classes in college for my major in Fashion Merchandising. 
My card making hobby started over three years ago. I had invested in supplies for scrapbooking but I rarely used them. One day I needed a card and decided to make one myself and an addiction was born. At the time I had no idea about the online inspiration and challenges available. Once I found the online community the desire to make cards and share them on a blog took over. Then I found Stampin’ Up! and become a demonstrator.  When it comes to techniques my favorite is embossing and I LOVE using twine. A big thanks to Cardz 4 Guyz for asking me to be a Guest Designer.
and here is Andrea's card for our challenge:

and next is:


Hi - I'm Vicky - I live in St Helens - a town nestled between Manchester and Liverpool. I have just celebrated my 9th wedding anniversary with my husband, and we live with our two adorably soft cats... who often try to "asssit" me with my crafting, by lying on the middle of the table (or on my hand!) as I try to complete a project! 

I have a degree in art, and used this to help me gain a few commissions painting childrens wall murals...I even painted the inside of a double decker bus!

Now, I work as a teaching assistant in a primary school, but my real passion is crafting! Mainly cardmaking, but I will have a go at any type of crafts: mural painting, scrapbooking, jute bag decorating, jewellery making, making cushions, etc. I particulary love stamping and diecutting and reusing and recycling in my crafts...I have the women at work saving the ribbons from their boxes of chocolates and allsorts, for me!  I have been comissioned, by my colleagues, to undertake many projects for them - making cards, scrapbook pages in frames, and even "blingin up" a pair of converse, with swarovski diamonds!

I have been blogging for a few years now  -  and was lucky enough to be asked to be on the design team for "Glitter n Sparkle" - and then was  very honoured when "Cardz for Guyz" asked me to be their Guest Designer for the month!  I love spending time in my own little craft room at home, creating and browsing other peoples blogs - and being amazed by the talent out there! 

and here is Vicky's card for our challenge:

Thanks to the Design Team and our two Guest Designers, I am sure you will be inspired to enter our challenge 
'Man's Best Friend'
If you would like more information on any of the above, just click on the name to be taken to the blog.
Don't forget about the DT Call, the first step is to add DT after your name. 
To enter the challenge please click on the blue box below. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for selecting my card. great cards this week from the DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was told about this challenge, and I have linked my card, I woukd be interested in your DT, I am going on holiday tomorrow and it was the first time I had used link and I forgot to add DT after my name.
    You have a lovely blog and I will coming back again.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete